We are looking for a Finance Manager
Finance Manager Job Description
Nafasi Art Space
The Finance Manager is a strategic individual in charge of spearheading a multi faceted finance department.
S/He should be able to have a bird's eye view of the company in order to give recommendations to the board and
executive director regarding financial and revenue trends.
- Long range financial planning that includes credit and cash flow requirements.
- Prepares and reviews annual financial statements and annual operating budget
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining appropriate procedures and controls for all finance systems
in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee the preparation of financial records for annual independent audit and assist the preparation of
forms and other returns.
- Responsible for oversight and collection of aged accounts receivable.
- Proactively and continuously looks for ways to improve the efficiency of the company’s financial position.
- Prepares financial reports required by the Board, donors, and for funding proposals
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing and accounting systems (including Quickbooks)
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Review and approve all filings with local authorities
- Report and present financial results to the board of directors, including recommendations
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Report risk issues to the Managing Director and board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Conduct regular bi-weekly staff trainings and capacity building to ensure succession after two years
- Education and QualificationsBSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Quickbooks knowledge is an added advantage
- Proven experience of minimum 5-7 years as CFO, Finance Officer or relevant leadership Finance role
- Strong knowledge of IRFS and IPSAS reporting
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Ability to manage and train reports
Full time, 5 days per week, 9am-5pm
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Start date: 1 September 2020