We are looking for interns to be a part of our small but passionate team. Interns will be a part of the daily operations of the organization and will gain valuable hands-on work experience in arts management. Working at Nafasi will help interns gain a variety of skills, experience and contacts that will be helpful for a future career as an artist, curator, arts manager, etc. Interns also gain exposure to a large network of artists and creatives, have access to workshops, special events, rehearsal and studio space, and other opportunities to gain and improve their artistic skills.
*Preference will be given to applicants from the global south, especially from Africa.
As an intern at Nafasi, you will be a part of:
- Preparation, coordination, and implementation of events and programmes, including exhibitions, artist residencies, film screenings, concerts, festivals, and workshops.
- Support in marketing and promotions
- Proposals and fundraising
- Administrative support (reports, documentation, proposals, etc)
- Assisting artists in residence
- Fluency in kiSwahili and/or English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills
- Relevant field of study and/or strong personal interest in the arts/culture sector
- Independent and trustworthy, good time management skills, flexible and willing to learn on the job
- Available at least four days a week for a minimum of three months and on evenings of events
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
We accept applications on a rolling basis. Normally we have space for 1-3 interns at a time, who are expected to work full time for a minimum of 3 months.
Application should include:
- Motivation letter explaining why you would like to work at Nafasi Art Space
- CV/resume (no longer than 2 pages)
- Requested dates of internship
- Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with “INTERNSHIP APPLICATION” in the subject line.